Utilising all the creativity and invention they can muster, the Reconnix staff have 6 weeks to create something innovative and useful using the Sparkfun inventor’s kit. To make things interesting, everyone has been split into four teams: Team A, Team B, Team C and Team D. During office hours, each team has 2 hours per week to get their respective virtual soldering irons out and create something new and exciting.
For those of you that don’t know, the Sparkfun Inventor’s Kit is a real box of goodies! It contains, among other things:
- Arduino Uno R3
- Arduino and Breadboard Holder
- New and Improved SIK Manual
- Translucent Red Bread Board
- 74HC595 Shift Register
- 2N2222 Transistors
- 1N4148 Diodes
- DC Motor with wires
- Small Servo
- 5V Relay
- TMP36 Temp Sensor
- Flex sensor
- 6′ USB Cable
- Jumper Wires
- Tri-color LED
- Red and Yellow LEDs
- 10K Trimpot
- Piezo Buzzer
- Big 12mm Buttons
- 330 and 10K Resistors
(I bet you want to take part now you’ve seen all that).
The rules are straightforward:
- Each team will get 2 hours per week to work on their project
- On top of this there is an additional hour of time for independent work
- Outside of work, the members of staff can work on their project for as long as they want to (for those that really want to win!)
- Additional small value items can be requested
- The teams have 6 weeks to complete their projects
After 6 weeks, Pat Nice will choose a winning team with the most innovative, creative use of materials.
What prize do you think Pat should award the winners? Why not make a suggestion below.
Stay tuned for updates…
Are you familiar with the Arduino? What would you do if you had access to this kit? Let us know, leave a comment below.